Monday 11 July 2011

Music Challenge (7): A song that reminds you of a certain event

Ok, this is only funny if you understand German.
But I love the German comedian Hennes Bender...I find him extremely funny and as a plus he looks a bit like my husband (who will be not amused if her reads that here ;-)).
Some years ago I went to one of his live gigs in a very small and cosy venue in Wiesbaden together with my best friend. We sat in the second row and had a great time...and then he played a ringtone saying that probably no one in the audience knows where the music originally is from. I knew it...and I was such a nerd that I had to say it...the ouverture to "Guillaume Tell" by Gioachino Rossini. He was delighted and wanted to know my name. So far so good. He knew my name and I learned that whatever happens, a comedian should NEVER know ones name. When the episode that you can see in the video came, I was his dance victim. And I so didn´t want to so he in the end had to find another dancing partner. I was embarrassed...but it was my own bloody fault for being Mrs. Know-it-all. And I still love Hennes Bender and think I should have been more brave back then :-)

The song is "Dreams are my reality" by Richard Sanderson


No comments:

Post a Comment