Thursday 2 February 2012

excitement in Wagamama...

...or: How I discovered the most beautiful tea ever :-)
Yesterday we went to my beloved Asian food restaurant chain Wagamama again and for the first time ordered a Jasmine Flower Tea. Nothing unusual for me as I'm most times chosing green or jasmine tea in Chinese or Thai restaurants. Anyway, I wasn't expecting that:



It looks amazing and tastes just like "normal" jasmine tea. Apparently you can use it for more than 1 litre of water and because of it's (manmade) shape it doesn't make the tea go bitter too quick. I think I had vaguely seen them somewhere before but never really thought about it.
Now I was hooked, I decided I needed that sort of magic in my life more often. Fortunately the Asian supermarket round the corner could help me. With 7£ for 100gr. not exactly a bargain but so what!?






So every now and then I will enjoy one of these unsuspicious looking babies and put them in hot water in a nice glass tea pot.



Sometimes it is so easy to make me happy :-)

PS: Do you remember those shells you used to be able to find in toy shops? You put them in a bowl of water and they slowly opened up and released some sort of artificial coral. Please say I'm not the only one who sat in front of those miraculous things for hours when I was a little girl.

2 comments:

  1. Neeeeeeein, die habe ich auch geliebt, die Muscheln, die sich im Wasser geöffnet haben. Waren auch mal im Yps Heft, glaub ich. Spektakulär!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, the sea shells. I had completely forgotten about them. They are adorable. Should I come across them again, I think I would be very tempted to buy them and put them into a jar on my desk :)

    ReplyDelete