Wednesday 14 March 2012

Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector


I know that this post comes terribly late as the Garnier BB Cream has been selling now for several months. Anyway, although I was following the hype and the bashing of this cream since the launch it took me a while to get some tester sachets. Many people in their reviews found the light colour too dark and orangey, many disliked the smell, the texture and the fact that this simply isn't a "proper" BB cream in the asian sense (read here if you wanna know more).
As started to use foundation on a nearly daily base now I was interested in trying out alternatives. This cream promises:

"2 letters for perfect-looking skin...instantly! Garnier’s B.B. cream, Miracle Skin Perfector, with mineral pigments and vitamin C. It unifies, illuminates, hydrates and helps protect with SPF 15. Available in two shades."

Ok, it might not deserve the name BB. It might be just a relaunched tinted moisturizer. But I like it. The coverage is not overwhelming but ok, especially for less spotty days and a bit of sunshine coming. The texture is thicker than expected (and I always get out too much of the tube) but blends in fine. I use it without any extra moisturizer so on colder days it sometimes gave me a few dry patches on my forehead. The lasting power is surprisingly good, will see how this will do when the temperatures are on the rise...
All in all I like it though cause it is easier to apply than full on foundation and with its SPF 15 will be great for summer.

Probably not for everyone with too high expectations and with only two tones available - but try it if you get the chance and find out for yourself (I think on their website they are still sending out test sachets).

1 comment:

  1. Danke für den Beitrag, interessiert mich nämlich auch sehr und klingt gut. Ich versuche jetzt mal noch nen Tester zu ergattern...

    Du hast übrigens die Cpatcha-Abfrage noch drin... nur faaaaaaaalls du die nicht unbedingt brauchst. Dann brauch ich keien zwei Minuten mehr um nen Kommi abzuschicken.

    ReplyDelete