Saturday 29 June 2013

In Bruges

director: Martin McDonagh
year: 2008
with: Brendan Gleeson, Colin Farrell, Ralph Fiennes, Clemence Poesy, etc.



story: Guilt-stricken after a job gone wrong, hitman Ray and his partner await orders from their ruthless boss in Bruges, Belgium, the last place in the world Ray wants to be.

what I liked: Colin Farrell is an extremely handsome and sexy guy and a decent actor so it's a pleasure to watch in that respect. And Bruges *sigh*...love the city, been there twice and already looking forward to the next time. Even looked appealing in grey and misty winter weather.

whatI didn't like: The mix of subjets that don't really mix. Action, drama, comedy. For me it didn't work, it was pretty much "oh, I know that road * fucking gun goes fucking baaang* wonder where that church is *baaang*swearing* Hah, took pictures of that exact statue *bang bang bang accompanied with more swearing*
To be brutally honest, although I think that I have a good idea of accents after years in England the heavy Irish accent of sexpot Colin was too much at times leaving me longing for subtitles.


verdict: It was not unpleasant in parts and it had a certain something but it was just too confusing for me. Comedy? No way. Drama? Not really. Action? Not enough. A strange film.

No comments:

Post a Comment